A hackathon is an event where students individually or collaboratively create innovative solutions with technology, often using hardware, software, or both! Students present and share their ideas with other participants and can be awarded with prizes for their work. In addition, due to many workshops and experienced mentors, a hackathon is a great learning opportunity and experience. Overall, hackathons are an excellent event for any student with an interest in computer science and programming to attend, no matter the skill level.
Ridgehacks is a free 12 hour hackathon running from 8AM to 8PM with judging from industry, professional, and academic leaders lasting until 10PM.
We will provide breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks throughout the day along with generous prizes and swag so stay tuned for more updates!
For any questions or sponsorship inquiries please contact: [email protected]
- Date: April 6th, 2024
- Who can Attend: Any high school (grades 9-12) or college student who's down to make something awesome. Or anything tech/programming related (please reach out if you are an elementary/middle school student interested in attending).
- Cost to Attend: Free!
- Location: Ridge High School (268 S Finley Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920)
- Q: How can I register?
- A: Stay posted for upcoming updates! The registration form will be posted to this website soon.
- Q: How will teams work?
- A: You can work in teams of 2 to 4. If you don't have a team, don't worry! You'll be able to form a team at RidgeHacks with other people looking for teams or teams that want more members before hacking begins.
- Q: What can I make?
- A: Anything. Software, hardware, middleware, malware, anything that ends with “ware” and starts with you typing lines of code. And even more than that!
- Q: What's in it for me?
- A: The learning experience, not to mention the free food and prizes! You'll have to show up to find out what the prizes are though. And, of course, the clout and prestige of winning Ridgehacks.
- Q: What if I don't know how to code?
- A: No problem! We'll have workshops and mentors to help you get started and learn along the way.